Monday, November 30, 2020

Show 5: Fr. Sebastian Kneipp's Herbal and Water Therapy



 In 1890, Fr. Kneipp wrote an internationally best selling book on herbal medicine and the therapeutic value of water. In 1990, I met a 75 year old man who practiced Kneipp's methods and who had had only one cold in his entire life!

PS. A listener tells me that Fr. Kneipp's name is properly pronounced "Knaip, and he wasn't born in the Czech republic, but in Stephansried, Germany"... so, thanks to that listener. I don't speak German and the book I have states that the town in which he was born was part of the Czech Republic at that time. So hey, I have some smart listeners, which is cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Medicinal Shrubs and Woody Vines: Symphoricarpos

  Three varieties of Symphoricarpos have documented use in Herbal Medicine: Symphoricarpos albus laevigatus - Snowberry, Symphoricarpos oc...