Learn to identify it...a nd avoid it! Very poisonous. "The most toxic vascular plant in North America. It looks and smells like a wonderful parsnip/carrot/angelica/fennel/dill/celery... but grows in wet mud. The vein goes to the crotch, not the tip. DO NOT EAT! Never dig or pick any umbel near the water if you can't differentiate it from hemlock. I'd go even further... never collect any umbel if you aren't sure what it is! Milk thistle may save your life as an anecdote... but you will still be permanently damaged. DO NOT EAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
From The Omnivore’s Guide to Home Cooking: Broth and Stock
Until recently, I think most folks knew the difference between a stock and a broth. But then came the “Bone Broth” fad. So called Bone...
-
I am excited to announce my new book, Herbal Medicine for Preppers, Homesteaders and Permaculture People ! "I am Judson Carroll, and ...
-
My love of foraging began in my earliest memories. Before I could walk long distances, my mom pulled me around in a little red wagon and ...
-
As an Herbalist, I am often asked, "Is Herbal Medicine Christian?" The simple answer is, yes. Anyone of any religion, or none...
No comments:
Post a Comment